Data warehouse & OLAP

From: "Stefano B(dot)" <stefano(dot)bonnin(at)comai(dot)to>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Data warehouse & OLAP
Date: 2006-08-09 08:03:09
Lists: pgsql-general

hi,
I'm working in the implementation of a datawarehouse on Postgres.

For analisys of aggregated data I'd like to use some OLAP tools like for example, Mondrian, OR use the meterialized view (if better).

My questions:
is there any documentation about warehouse (with OLAP or materialized view) on Postgres?
Which is better? OLAP tools (I think) or materialized view?

Any information is welcome!
Thanks

Stefano