Trigger that will execute external program

From: "David Loh" <david(at)bizsurf(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trigger that will execute external program
Date: 2003-02-17 06:16:44
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all.
I'd like to know if postgresql has the capability of execute external program with the trigger, for example, I had a trigger call "exceed_limit", when this trigger has fire, instead of update other relations, it will also execute a external program '/bin/send_email', is that possble ?
If it's possible, can any of you guy please show me how to do it ?
Thanks in advance.