Rename PageData to XLogPageData

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Rename PageData to XLogPageData
Date: 2024-10-02 11:30:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was fiddling a bit with making some Page-related APIs const-proof,
which might involve changing something like "Page p" to "const PageData
*p", but I was surprised that a type PageData exists but it's an
unrelated type local to generic_xlog.c.

This patch renames that type to a more specific name XLogPageData. This
makes room for possibly adding another PageData type with the earlier
meaning, but that's not done here. But I think even without that, this
patch is a useful little cleanup that makes the code more consistent and
clear.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Rename-PageData-to-XLogPageData.patch text/plain 4.9 KB