Create database bug in 8.1.3 ?

From: "Milen Kulev" <makulev(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Create database bug in 8.1.3 ?
Date: 2006-04-09 10:51:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Listers,
I have the following problem (OS= RHELU2 , PG version= 8.1.3) when I try to Create a database :

postgres=# CREATE DATABASE world3 TEMPLATE=template1 ENCODING='UTF8' TABLESPACE=tbs1 ;
CREATE DATABASE

Then I am backup-ing the database (a small toy DB) with pg_dumpall:

pg_dumpall > alldb.bak

Less alldb.bak:
CREATE DATABASE world3 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 OWNER = pg ENCODING = 'UTF8' TABLESPACE = tbs1; ....

Why pg_dumpall is stating that my template db is template0 and not template1 ? Is there any way to check what db
(template0 or template1 ) was actually used a template when creating world2 db ? I am having the same problem with all
my databases

I have compiled and installed PG 8.1.3 from sources

Any hints are highly appreciated

Regards. Milen