POSTMASTER

From: "Gagan" <gdgupta(at)enfinet(dot)net>
To: "postgresql admin" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: POSTMASTER
Date: 2000-06-06 20:46:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Respected sir/madam,

I have been able to access the databases of my postgresql immediately after
logging on to my postgres user. But i am confused about POSTMASTER
application. Following r my querries regarding POSTMASTER :

1. What is the main utility of this application?
2. Is it executed automatically at startup of my Linux OS?

I will be obliged to get by mind out of these confusions.

regards
Gagan