Re: good pc but bad performance,why?

From: "Steven Butler" <stevenb(at)kjross(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "huang yaqin" <hyq(at)gthome(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: good pc but bad performance,why?
Date: 2004-04-07 10:39:25
Lists: pgsql-performance

It sounds almost like you're doing one insert per transaction. Try wrapping
multiple inserts into a single transaction and see if that helps. This may
not be appropriate for your application, but it does guarantee that
committed transactions will not be lost.

My apologies if you are already doing this. :)

BEGIN;
insert ...
insert ...
insert ...