Unexpected query results

From: "Miguel A(dot) Juan" <mjuan(at)cibal(dot)es>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Unexpected query results
Date: 2001-04-05 07:40:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

I've encountered with a problem running a query that with previous releases
worked fine.

Thats the query:
SELECT * FROM diagnostics where codigo LIKE '103.%';

the string in the like statment could be any code, including any character

With previous releases that returns all the records that 'codigo' begins
with '103.' but with release 7.03 this returns 0 rows. If I write LIKE
'103%' it works again, but I must filter for codes with the dot.

The field type for codigo is character varying(6)

Thanks

Miguel Juan
Mallorca - Spain