COPY error

From: "Nupur Pande" <npande(at)vt(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPY error
Date: 2003-10-30 16:37:59
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,
I'm trying to copy data from an excel file into a postgres table. I saved
the file in .txt format (tab delimited) from Excel (running on Windows XP
machine) and then ran the d2u utility on the .txt file to convert it into
unix format on cygwin. The command I executed was COPY [table_name] from
[full path of file name].
I get the following error message:
ERROR: copy: line 1520, Extra data after last expected column
ERROR: copy: line 1520, Extra data after last expected column

Could someone please tell me what I did wrong? I checked the excel table and
I can't see any extra information on that line.

Thanks a lot..
Nupur