Denying CREATE TABLE capability

From: "Michael Minock" <mjm(at)cs(dot)umu(dot)se>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Denying CREATE TABLE capability
Date: 2001-03-09 14:20:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello all -

My users are able to connect to a main database and then create their own
databases.
However I do not want them to be able to create tables in the main database.
But in the main database, some users always create tables, which I have to
periodically go in and drop.

I have tried to deny users capability to add tables in the main database by
revoking users rights on the catalog relations.
Especially pg_class, etc... Still I have found no way to achieve the above
policy.

Does anyone know the trick to get this policy enforced?

Thanks,
Mike Minock