RE: [HACKERS] How to ignore system indexes

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] How to ignore system indexes
Date: 2000-01-18 04:56:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Isn't it a big charge to execute pg_upgrade for a huge database ?
I have never used pg_upgrade.
Is pg_upgrade available now ?
Is pg_upgrade reliable ?

My design is as follows.

postgres -P test /* I'm using -P as a new option temporarily */.

> reindex database test; (all system indexes of a db)
> reindex table pg_class; (all indexes of a system table)
> reindex index pg_index_indexrelid_index; (a system index)

If we could ignore system indexes,it won't be difficult to implement
REINDEX command itself..

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp