inittab X init.d

From: "Vilson farias" <vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: inittab X init.d
Date: 2001-08-02 20:26:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings,

I checked that postmaster wasn't restarting automaticly here, if some problem has forced it to stop working. I changed from init.d scripts to inittab, that is, I not using /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql or /etc/rc0.d etc anymore, now my /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql was moved to /home/postgres and inittab points to it. I noticed that now the postmaster works better, if I kill it (kill -TERM), it get back working in few seconds, thats ok.

My questions are :
_What kind of weird behavior could raise with this kind of modification ?
_What happens when I type a init 6 or init 0? Will the database be stopped correctly?

Best regards from Brazil

José Vilson de Mello de Farias
Dígitro Tecnologia Ltda - Brazil