[Pljava-dev] Issue with SunMSCAPI jar file

From: tle at redseal(dot)net (Thang Le)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Issue with SunMSCAPI jar file
Date: 2010-03-30 18:23:11
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Thomas,

I think it's likely something in the initialization of MSCAPI that failed.
It turns out MSCAPI is just one of the many cryptographic providers for
Java (it's last in the list actually). So I commented it out (in
java.security), and the error is gone. SSL is still ok.

By doing this I probably lose out some functionalities (MS crypto
library?) but for the time being it works for me.

By the way I'm not sure about what you said regarding javaU. If only
untrusted Java can open sockets and access files, that seems
counter-intuitive to me. My code to open sockets has 'java' as the
language, and it seems to work just fine.

Thang