FOREIGN KEYS vs PERFORMANCE

From: "Rodrigo Sakai" <rodrigo(dot)sakai(at)zanthus(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: FOREIGN KEYS vs PERFORMANCE
Date: 2006-04-11 19:13:34
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I think this is an old question, but I want to know if it really is well worth to not create some foreign keys an deal with the referential integrity at application-level?????
Specifically, the system we are developing is a server/cliente architecture that the server is the database and the fat client is an application developed in DELPHI!!!

Thanks in advance!!