Null values with the JDBC driver

From: Martin Zeigler <mzeigler(at)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Null values with the JDBC driver
Date: 2000-12-03 14:21:32
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

When you call "getObject()" with the JDBC driver on a ResultSet for an Integer
field and the value stored in the database is null, shouldn't the driver also
return a null instead of Integer(0) ?

If I had called "getInt()" on it I would expect that kind of behavior. But
when I called getObject, I expected null values. Is this the correct behavior?

Martin Zeigler