Problems during doing reindex on 7.0.3

From: Denis Perchine <dyp(at)perchine(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems during doing reindex on 7.0.3
Date: 2000-11-13 08:37:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have very interesting problem. I have quite highly loaded database.
Once a day I create new indices, and after that drop old ones. Ido this one
by one.

All is fine except this error message I sometimes get for some of the queries
just after reindex.

ERROR: Index 2050642 does not exist

Looks like index oid was already resolved, but index was not locked yet...
And it was dropped just under the feet...

--
Sincerely Yours,
Denis Perchine

E-Mail: dyp(at)perchine(dot)com