RE: VACUUM freeze

From: "Dave Bolt" <dave(at)davebolt(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: VACUUM freeze
Date: 2020-04-18 22:35:41
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Arnav,

Could be wrong here, in which case someone will jump in.

My understanding is that freeze only applies while doing the vacuum, and then only when doing a manual vacuum.

I looked at the documentation at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-vacuum.html and https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/routine-vacuuming.html to try to confirm, but did feel a little confused.

Hope this helps a bit.

Dave