increasing query time after analyze

From: "Katharina Koobs" <katharina(dot)koobs(at)uni-konstanz(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: increasing query time after analyze
Date: 2014-02-05 11:50:52
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

We have a PostgreSQL DB, version 9.3 on a Suse Linux system.
We ran the update from postgresql 8.4 to 9.3.
After importing the database the query time of one sql query is about 30
sec.
After ANALYZE the DB the query time of this sql query is about 45 minutes.
We can see that after analyzing the indexes will no longer be used.

Has anyone an idea why ANALYZE cause this problem?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Katharina