Re: Problems getting german settings to work correctly

From: "Peter Alberer" <h9351252(at)obelix(dot)wu-wien(dot)ac(dot)at>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problems getting german settings to work correctly
Date: 2002-10-04 12:59:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I tried to use LATIN1 for the database encoding, now the sorting of the
umlauts is working. I do not know a lot about encodings and localization
so that might be a dumb question, but: Isn't it possible to use UNICODE
encoding and get localized sorting?

Nethertheless i never managed to get a german output for that:

test=# select to_char(now(),'DAY');
to_char
FRIDAY
(1 Zeile)

I might mention that german sorting and output in unix commands like
"sort" and "date" is working ok.

Ciao, peter