backup problem

From: "Rodrigo Sakai" <rodrigo(dot)sakai(at)zanthus(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: backup problem
Date: 2006-05-04 15:11:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi, I'm trying to do a backup of a database that is larger then 4 GB. But it gets an error when the file size gets 1.2 GB! I think its an Operational System problem (linux)! So, I want to know if exists some solution to backup my database??

The command that I used was=

pg_dump -U postgres -d dbdeveloper -a -v -D -f 'backup.sql'

The operational system is linux with etx filesystem, and the version of postgres is 7.4!!

Thanks in advance!