Re: A Replication Idea

From: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A Replication Idea
Date: 2002-02-21 22:41:51
Lists: pgsql-general

> Orion,
> How would it handle functions, which could potentially modify data, even
> from a select statement?

That is the problem with any sort of a proxy for PostgreSQL. There are
too many ways for data to be changed without the proxy being made aware of
it.

I had started development on a query result caching system (caching the
results of queries), but it really can't be done with any guarantee of
reliability outside of PostgreSQL itself. And since I'm not a big C
programmer, I'm not really up to doing it myself, so it will have to be
left until someone else decides to pick it up.

steve