Function problem -- how do I drop this function?

From: "Thomas T(dot) Veldhouse" <veldy(at)veldy(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Function problem -- how do I drop this function?
Date: 2001-06-26 22:30:21
Lists: pgsql-general

I have created the following procedure (using phpPgAdmin -- which is very
buggy). When I try to drop it using 'drop function CreateUser();', I am
told it does not exist. If I try using 'drop function
CreateUser(varchar(12), varchar(12), varchar(30), char(1), varchar(30),
varchar(30), boolean)', I am told it does not exist either. If I try it
from phpPgAdmin, I get this error;

"PostgreSQL said: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "varying"
Your query:
DROP FUNCTION
"CreateUser"(character,varying,,character,varying,,character,varying,,charac
ter,,character,varying,,character,varying,,boolean)
".

So, is there no way to drop this function?

CREATE FUNCTION CreateUser(varchar(12), varchar(12), varchar(30), char(1),
varchar(30), varchar(30), boolean) RETURNS int4 AS '
DECLARE
id int4;
un ALIAS FOR $1;
pw ALIAS FOR $2;
fn ALIAS FOR $3;
mi ALIAS FOR $4;
ln ALIAS FOR $5;
ea ALIAS FOR $6;
a ALIAS FOR $7;
BEGIN
SELECT id = nextval('users_id_seq');
INSERT INTO users (id, username, password, firstname, middleinitial,
lastname, emailaddr, admin)
VALUES (id, un, pw, fn, mi, ln, ea, ad);
RETURN id;
END ' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Thanks,

Tom Veldhouse