postgres- connection refuse

From: "Yang Soon Chiao" <yangsc(at)tntsb(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgres- connection refuse
Date: 2003-09-09 11:08:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

This is my first time using postgres. Everything work fine when I use psql at the bin, however when I try to connect using java, I get this message.

Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

- It seem like I have the problem with hostname and port but I don't know how to tune it. (I've modify my postgresql.conf set tcpip_socket = true but still cannot work).

- Here is how my code looks like
conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:mydb","", "");

(I'm not connecting to any web server)

Please help and thanks in advance.