Re: images in pgsql -- F1

From: "Marin Dimitrov" <marin(dot)dimitrov(at)sirma(dot)bg>
To: "# sriram #" <sriram(at)imsc(dot)ernet(dot)in>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: images in pgsql -- F1
Date: 2002-04-01 12:28:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

----- Original Message -----
From: "# sriram #"

> Hi all
>
> want some help from you
>
> i would like to maintain a db with fotos and some related information
>
> can you please provide me with pointers as to how i can go about adding /
retrieving images from the tables

see the "PostgreSQL Programmer's Guide"
(http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/#7.2):

- chapter 2 "Large Objects"
- chapter 8.6 "JDBC Interface - Storing Binary Data"
- chapter 8.7.3 "PostgreSQL Extensions to the JDBC API - Large Objects"

hth,

Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "