Benchmark

From: "Nikolaj Lundsgaard" <Nikolaj(at)konfus(dot)dk>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Benchmark
Date: 2000-06-02 18:35:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

Is there anywhere I can find some benchmark test for postgres. The reason is that I want to use it for a site that could have several simultanous users querying the database and I want to be sure that it is stable (and fast) enough to handle that kind of (ab)use.

Also which is fastest ?

1. A query (using index of course) for a text in the database.

or

2. Reading from a file on the harddisk.

If the answer is 1 will the answer still be 1 if I do it several times (100.000+ a day)

Regards Nikolaj