OT: Pros and cons about using POSTGRESQL and MYSQL

From: Hector M Banda <hector(at)imperial(dot)cc(dot)ca(dot)us>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OT: Pros and cons about using POSTGRESQL and MYSQL
Date: 1999-08-26 03:13:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all, I'd like to ask some of the experience users of this group what
advantages or disadvantages do I have in running POSTGRESQL against MYSQL?

Is it faster?
Is it easier to manage?

I already have mysql up and running with visual basic as the client but I've
seen many posts about postgresql and I'm getting curious about it since both
work with LINUX.

-hb