ODBC in VB6

From: "DanPerlman" <dan(at)dpci(dot)us>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC in VB6
Date: 2003-09-06 15:00:44
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,

I have never used ODBC in a VB6 program before.
I am trying to write some simple code to append data from an access 2k table to a postgres table.
My DSN works with access.
I am getting a "type mismatch" error when trying to open the postgres db.

Thanks,

Dan

Private Sub CommandStart_Click()

Dim Pricebooks As Database
Dim Bonneville As Database
Dim WrkSpc As Workspace
Dim Apb As Recordset
Dim Bpb As Recordset
Dim i As Integer

'Open Access table.
Set Pricebooks = OpenDatabase(App.Path & "\Pricebooks.mdb")
Set Apb = Pricebooks.OpenRecordset("pricebook", dbOpenTable)

'Open Postgres table
Set Bonneville = OpenDatabase(Bonneville, False, "ODBC;DSN=PostgresSQL30;UID=postgres;PWD=postgres;")
Set Bpb = Bonneville.OpenRecordset(public_papricebook, dbOpenDynamic)

TextID.Text = Apb("pricebookid") & ""
TextID.Refresh

End Sub