a query ...

From: "abhay" <abhay(at)usindia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: a query ...
Date: 2001-11-07 10:43:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello ....

I'm new to postgresql and have recently installed it .A small thing about it is bothering me. If i dont use postgresql for some time
the database automatically shuts down. Is this a feature , a problem or a bug ??? .
If it's a feature please tell me whether this feature is customizable and how to disable it. If its a problem then please tell me how to
solve it and if it's a bug then please tell me a workaround ...

Thanking you in anticipation !!

regards
abhay

p.s. :- if you can ... please mail me the solution at abhay(at)usindia(dot)com as early as possible because our deadline is nearby.