I need to take metadata from a shell script.

From: "Jaume Calm" <jaume(at)isac(dot)cat>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: I need to take metadata from a shell script.
Date: 2010-05-06 07:57:28
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi! I was searching for a command like pg_dumpall but with the difference
that I don't want a single file for all databases, i would like to have a
file for each one.

I couldn't fins such command, so the only option I see is to write a shell
script with a loop for all the DBs. The problem is that I'm unable to find
the way to obtain the DBs' names in a shell script. Can someone help me with
this?

Best regards and thank you all for your time.