Stored Functions

From: "Yolanda Phillips" <yphillips(at)dlkconsulting(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "'Pgsql-Jdbc(at)Postgresql(dot) Org' (E-mail)" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Stored Functions
Date: 2003-08-29 08:29:45
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Good day,

Thanks to Barry Lind's response, I am now able to successfully use stored
functions with JDBC.

However, I've searched the archives and the doc's, but unable to find a
solution to the following:

I'm wanting to do an insert, then if it was successfull the function should
return the id. This id is using a sequence.nextval(). How do I return the
new id?

Help in the right direction will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Yolanda Phillips
Web Applications Developer