About subxact and xact nesting level...

From: <david(at)andl(dot)org>
Cc: "'PostgreSQL-development'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: About subxact and xact nesting level...
Date: 2016-05-02 00:24:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Still trying to find my way around the source code…

The file xact.c contains references to sub-transactions (subxact) and transaction nesting level, but no obvious documentation about what these correspond to in SQL. A search shows that plpython supports something called “proper sub transactions”. There are random mentions of subtransactions in the release notes, but nothing substantive that I can find, and nothing about transaction nesting.

Any pointers to docs or help to understand much appreciated.

Regards

David M Bennett FACS

_____

Andl - A New Database Language - andl.org