About table cteation from an sql file

From: "pvsree" <pvsree(at)softsolindia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: About table cteation from an sql file
Date: 1999-09-03 11:49:34
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi!!
Its a silly question but do try to look in an answer.I am new to Postgresql and would like to know if there is a way out in postgresql to create database tables from an sql.file like in Oracle,Where in can save the table creation syntax in a file and directly run the file with .sql extention.I would like to execute the contents of the file directly .This would help me have a copy of the table syntax and also easily modity the tables if necessary.