WaitOnLock error - what does this mean?

From: "Robert B(dot) Easter" <reaster(at)comptechnews(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WaitOnLock error - what does this mean?
Date: 2000-07-23 23:45:19
Lists: pgsql-general

I got the error:

ERROR: WaitOnLock: error on wakeup - Aborting this transaction

Can anyone explain what this means?

I am testing my database by having it do inserts continuously using a bash
while true loop that calls psql --file to do the inserts. When I try to do a
different kind of insert from a php script at the same time, I get the above
error. I can provide more details if needed. One thing, I have PL/pgSQL
triggers that cause a chain of updates to happen for each insert.

--
- Robert