WHat foldsers in the data folder would I need to link to have my data on a different drive?

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WHat foldsers in the data folder would I need to link to have my data on a different drive?
Date: 2005-02-16 14:56:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

I originally used the data_dir conf option to have my data on /pgslq/data,
but am thinking I should do it the way I did the /wal with a link. My
thinking is then the pid would still be in /var not /pgsql, and the stratup
and shutdown would work better.

I am reloading the server with Redhat AS 4 which is available now.
Any thoughts on the best way (if I use the data_dir option what do I need to
alter conf wise to make so the startup and shutdown work ok on redhat?)

Joel Fradkin