PgSQL and Tyrex problems

From: "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola(dot)Milutinovic(at)ev(dot)co(dot)yu>
To: "PostgreSQL JDBC" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PgSQL and Tyrex problems
Date: 2002-03-19 12:32:28
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all.

I recall this has been asked on the list, but I cannot search the archives at the moment (the site was down). I'll try to explain my problem.

MY SETUP
OS: Digital UNIX 4.0D
DB: PostgreSQL 7.2
JAVA: JDK 1.3.0-2 for Digital UNIX
JDBC: PostgreSQL 7.2
JSP: Tomcat 4.0.1 (with bundled Tyrex)

I'm trying to implement not just DBConnectionPooling, but also a JEE regular way of setting up resources. So, I defined a JNDI resource, as it is described in Tomcat's docs, both server.xml and web.xml. The JNDI resource is "java:/comp/env/jdbc/AddressBookDB" of type "javax.sql.DataSource".

JNDI is accessable through Tomcat and I can access JNDI resources.

The problem is that "AddressBookDB" resource returns as "null". I can see the resource in JNDI, it exists, it is just that it is null. I was told that this is a Tyrex problem, that it cannot establish connection. What could I look for? Is this a known problem?

Nix.