no aoutput from plpgsql-function

From: "Cornelia Boenigk" <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: no aoutput from plpgsql-function
Date: 2002-03-06 15:11:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello everybody

I am trying to write a plpgsql-function. The function-body is as follows:

declare
autor alias $1;
begin
return p_id from publikation (here are two joins) where m_name = ''autor'';
end;

When I run this function, I get no output. psql shows me:

test=# select suche('Egon');
suche
-------

(1 row)

Can someone give me a hint why the function does'nt display the value of the id? It is existing in the table and it is not a NULL-value.

Thanks
Conni