Re: query multiple databases

From: "Len Morgan" <len-morgan(at)kttk(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query multiple databases
Date: 2001-09-30 15:15:51
Lists: pgsql-general

> Adam Fisher wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> > I am just starting out with postgreSQL. I have retail inventory system
> > written in MS-SQL, but now I want to use Linux and, hence, postgreSQL.
> >
> > My existing app uses lots of SQL that query 2 or more seperate
databases. I
> > have just read that this can;t be done in postgreSQL. Is this true?

Are you sure you are not confusing databases and tables? They are not the
same thing although M$ does try and corrupt the meaning of common terms. I
routinely pull data from multiple tables in the SAME database and can see no
reason why a well designed/normalized system requires more than one
database. I use different databases for different customers but each
database contains many tables/indexes/sequences etc.

len morgan