Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

From: "Regina Obe" <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "'Karsten Hilbert'" <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Date: 2016-01-11 20:58:55
Lists: pgsql-general

> Hmm. I'm not sure that telling us that should amount to an offense; such
a person might even have a good idea from time to time.

> Now, if the person is rude about it, that would be an offense, but that
should already be covered under other sections of the CoC no?

> Another possibly offensive aspect of the example you're describing is
someone trying to pass themselves off as a major contributor when they're
not. But I hesitate to try to draw guidelines for that either.

> regards, tom lane

Tom,
How would you feel about the original thread that started this.

https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/941

I would dismiss her as a troll and kindly say, don't tell us who we can have
and who we can't.

Thanks,
Regina