Postgres configuration for 8 CPUs, 6 GB RAM

From: "Syed Asif Tanveer" <asif(dot)tanveer(at)analytics(dot)com(dot)pk>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres configuration for 8 CPUs, 6 GB RAM
Date: 2012-11-27 07:47:03
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.1.5 for Data warehousing and OLAP puposes. Data size
is around 100 GB and I have tuned my PostgreSQL accordingly still I am
facing performance issues. The query performance is too low despite tables
being properly indexed and are vacuumed and analyzed at regular basis. CPU
usage never exceeded 15% even at peak usage times. Kindly guide me through
if there are any mistakes in setting configuration parameters. Below are my
system specs and please find attached my postgresql configuration parameters
for current system.

OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Manufacturer: IBM

Mode: System X3250 M3