From: "Foo" <wwsprague(at)ucdavis(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <wwsprague(at)ucdavis(dot)edu>
Date: 2002-06-23 02:45:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Version 7.2.1, RH 7.3, installed from RPM.

Following error occurs:

amber_ws=> delete from samples;
before or while processing the request.
!>

The table looks like this:

CREATE TABLE "samples" (
"id" integer DEFAULT nextval('"samples_id_seq"'::varchar(32)),
"fieldtrip_in" integer
REFERENCES "fieldtrips" ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE CASCADE,
"fieldtrip_out" integer
REFERENCES "fieldtrips" ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE CASCADE,
"site_name" varchar(32)
REFERENCES "sites" ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE CASCADE,
"collector_type" varchar(32)
REFERENCES "collector_types" ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE CASCADE,
"depth" varchar(32)
REFERENCES "depth_types" ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE CASCADE,
"replicate" varchar(32)
REFERENCES "replicate_set" ON DELETE RESTRICT ON UPDATE CASCADE,
"lost_bool" boolean default false,
"buoy" varchar(32),
"comments" varchar(32),
Constraint "samples_pkey" Primary Key ("id")
);

The single record in it looks like this:

amber_ws=> select * from samples;
-[ RECORD 1 ]--+--
id | 1
fieldtrip_in | 1
fieldtrip_out | 1
site_name |
collector_type |
depth |
replicate |
lost_bool | f
buoy |
comments |

No tables are using it as a REFERENCES target.

Let me know if I can help more. I am not root on the box, so I am not going
to try attaching gdb to anything tonight. However, the root user and I
would be quite happy to do so later.

Thanks
Webb