ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed

From: "KMiller" <kmiller(at)2xtreme(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed
Date: 2000-07-16 00:29:09
Lists: pgsql-general

When I try to exec psql I get the message:

ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plperl.so failed: libperl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The library files do exist so I'm stuck as to why it can't find them.

There had been a previous installation of postgres that Suse 6.5 installed.

That was in /usr/lib/pgsql. I blew that away so now there is only /usr/local/pgsql.

I tried recompiling/installing postgres from scratch.

I can start postmaster but psql still won't go.

Need help!

TIA, -km