Open Source Database Rankings

From: "Dominic Sagar" <dsagar(at)virtuas(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Open Source Database Rankings
Date: 2004-01-08 05:19:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Does anyone know how the open source database rank in terms of deployments
and users worldwide? I saw something today
(http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/cmp/20040106/tc_cmp/17200310
) that had SQLServer at 1, Access at 2, and MySQL at three, with no mention
of PostgreSQL. Seems to be flawed to me as the last time I heard both DB2
and Oracle were ahead of SQLServer in commercial rankings.