ipc-daemon for windows XP

From: "Kalid Askar" <kar(at)du(dot)se>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ipc-daemon for windows XP
Date: 2003-08-15 11:38:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Sirs,

I am using windows XP and I am trying to install PostgreSQL on Windows
XP. After I installed cygwin and download cygipc-1.14-1-src.tar.bz2.
After I expand the cypic distribution under the cygwin root by using the
following command:

$ cd /

$ tar -C / -xjf cygipc-1.14-1-src.tar.bz2

It works but when I want to set up the ipc-daemon service by the
following commands

$ ipc-daemon --install-as-service

$ net start ipc-daemon

When I run net start ipc-daemon I got the following error:

The service name is invalid

I am looking forward to hearing from you

Best regards,

Askar Kalid