PostGreSQL - Accessing It

From: "Michael" <michael(at)transmissionsllc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostGreSQL - Accessing It
Date: 2003-08-12 22:51:02
Lists: pgsql-general

I installed RedHat 9.0 and found that PostGreSql was installed with the
OS. I started the service, tried to create a database.

I cannot access/create a database from root or any of the other accounts
I have setup for RH9. I noticed that there is a user setup for postgres
(I guess this part of the postgres install) but can't login as that
user. I can't even read or change the password. How do I get at
PostGreSql?

Secondarily - does anyone know if JDBC drivers are part of the RH9
PostGreSql install?

Thanks in advance.

Michael