traditional chinese character with JDBC driver ...

From: "Richard So" <richso(at)i-cable(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: traditional chinese character with JDBC driver ...
Date: 2002-07-17 16:52:54
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear All,

I encounter an encoding problem with the driver: I am writing jsp pages
which making use of pgjdbc2 driver to connect to db for insert / update
/ display table records with Chinese character, however I found the
Chinese chars turned to ????s. I've added the encoding parameter to the
db link string with LATIN1 and iso_8859_1 which give a better result,
however some Chinese character can be displayed BUT some is still
corrupted. Have somebody found a encoding parameter which can solve all
of the problem, i.e. display / update with all Chinese chars without
corrupted ?

Regards
Richard