Running under Cygwin...

From: "Randy Widell" <nospam_rwidell(at)bellsouth(dot)net_mapson>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Running under Cygwin...
Date: 2002-03-01 22:52:00
Lists: pgsql-general

If this is not the correct group, please point me elsewhere, this was the
first I found...

Anyway, I am running (or attempting to run) PostgreSQL 7.2 under Cygwin
under WindowsXP. I have the latest version of everything for Cygwin, I have
the ipc-daemon service running, and I installed postmaster as a service
using the command:

cygrunsrv --install PostgreSQL --path /bin/postmaster --args "-D
/usr/local/share/postdb"
--user Randy --dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT

This service starts fine too...

Then I tried to create a new database: createdb Randy.
createdb fails with the message:

psql: server closed the connection unexpectedly
before or while processing the request.
createdb: database creation failed

...and the PostgreSQL service stops.

I tried: psql template0 ...and got basically the same message, and the
service stopped again.

So... Any ideas? Any at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy Widell