Bug in postgresql-6.3.2

From: Hamish(dot)N(dot)MARSON(at)British-Airways(dot)com
To: OASXGW2 -00000001 * <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug in postgresql-6.3.2
Date: 1998-05-20 20:52:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Quick note... Just to say that I found a bug in postgres 6.3.2 that I just this
minute downloaded from the ftp site... It doesn't compile under AIX 4.2.1 with
the latest C for AIX ver 3.1.4

It's only aminor problem, some of the variables in pqcomm.c are declared as
int, and being passed to functions that expect a long * variable (Actually the
function paramaters are declared as size_t).

The fix is to change the addrlen variable used on line 673 to a size_t instead
of an int, and also for the len variable used on line 787.

Sorry... No diffs... No time, and I dont' subscribe to the list... I just like
postgres (Maybe I'll subscribe one day... Too busy at the moment).

TIA.

hamish.