RE : pg_hba.conf

From: "Bruno BAGUETTE" <pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net>
To: "'Ganesan Kanavathy'" <ganesh(at)magnusquest(dot)com>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE : pg_hba.conf
Date: 2003-10-16 06:30:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Ganesan Kanavathy a écrit :

>If I do any changes in pg_hba.conf file do I need restart pgsql.
>The changes I made does not taking effect.

Hello,

The PostgreSQL documentation indicates that the pg_hba.conf file is read
on start-up and when the postmaster receives a SIGHUP signal. If you
edit the file on an active system, you will need to signal the
postmaster (using pg_ctl reload or kill -HUP) to make it re-read the
file.

You can have more infos about the pg_hba.conf file in the following URL
:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.3/static/client-authentication.html#AUT
H-PG-HBA-CONF

Hope this helps :-)

Regards,

Bruno BAGUETTE - pgsql-ml(at)baguette(dot)net