PostgreSQL 8.3.x Win32-Releases - always without psqlODBC?

From: "Robert Max Kramer" <RobertMax(dot)Kramer(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.3.x Win32-Releases - always without psqlODBC?
Date: 2008-05-06 08:57:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We are using PostgreSQL 8.2.x and like to upgrade to 8.3.x. So I downloaded
and installed the Win32-Binaries.

This happens with shell scripts that I had to modify because it seems that
the ODBC driver isn't included anymore (checkes 8.3.0 and 8.3.1). Also the
module msvclibs isn't available.

My question is: is this wanted, no ODBC driver (and msvclibs) in standard?

I have searched the archives (general, de, odbc lists) and asked google; I
can not find an announcement or anything, where this is explained...

Regards,
Robert Kramer