Re: SPI_connect, SPI_connect_ext return type

From: Stepan Neretin <sndcppg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SPI_connect, SPI_connect_ext return type
Date: 2024-08-10 18:34:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/trigger-example.html
<https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/spi-examples.html>

> /* connect to SPI manager */

> if ((ret = SPI_connect()) < 0)
> elog(ERROR, "trigf (fired %s): SPI_connect returned %d", when, ret);

in this page check include in the example.
I think we need to give examples of one kind. If there is no void in
the code, then there should be checks everywhere (at least in the
documentation).

What do you think about the attached patch?

Best Regards, Stepan Neretin.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Fix-SPI-Documentation.patch text/x-patch 1.4 KB