Re: Remove dependence on integer wrapping

From: Joseph Koshakow <koshy44(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove dependence on integer wrapping
Date: 2024-06-12 01:10:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jun 11, 2024 at 12:22 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> I personally find that much easier to read. Since the existing
open-coded
> overflow check is apparently insufficient, I think there's a reasonably
> strong case for centralizing this sort of thing so that we don't
continue
> to make the same mistakes.

Sounds good, the attached patch has these changes.

> tm2timestamp() in src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib/timestamp.c has the
same
> comment. The code there looks very similar to the code for
tm2timestamp()
> in the other timestamp.c...

The attached patch has updated this file too. For some reason I was
under the impression that I should leave the ecpg/ files alone, though
I can't remember why.

Thanks,
Joe Koshakow

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Remove-dependence-on-integer-wrapping.patch text/x-patch 13.5 KB